Stronghold Castle


“A New Chapter for Stronghold Castle,” Northwest Quarterly, Cabin Fever, 2019, vol. 16, no.1. William A. Strong, publisher of the Chicago Daily News, purchased 360 acres and built Stronghold Castle in 1928-1929.  Mr. Strong died in May 1931. In 1962, after Mrs. Strong died, the Presbytery of Blackhawk of PC (USA) bought the property. The murals in the castle were painted by Russian artist Nicholas Kaissakoff. One of the most popular events is the Olde English Faire, held the first full weekend in October.

Dohm, Ingrid Neuhofer – 2008

Source: Northwest Quarterly Magazine, Spring 2008

Austrian, best known for single floral still lifes.  Three pictures of Ingrid in article

In 2006 she received the Blanche Ellis Starr Award for Leadership in the Arts.

Her work was featured in 2001, 2002 and 2005 Easter Seal Campaigns.

J.L. Clark donates 2,900 commemorative Rockford Peaches tins – May 23, 2018

Source:  The Rock River Times  May 23, 2018  vol. 25 no. 32

Norwood, P. Zoe

author, article, “Learn about Lincoln” thanking Rockford Register Star for “Measure of a Nation” Series    Source: Rockford Register Star 4/30/2008

“All About Abe” Forever Free exhibit      Source: Rockford Register Star 5/10/2008

author of article “Pioneering Women”   Rockford Public Library is pleased to announce two programs  Source: Rockford Register Star 3/19/2009

subject of an article; “Going it alone: Traveling Solo Can Lead to Self Discovery”  Italian marble carving in a city north of Pisa  Source: Rockford Register Star 4/24/2009

author “Parents, teachers, students invited to share ideas on Rockford Schools”  Source:  Rockford Register Star 5/2/2009

author of article ” Quality Education Takes Citywide Effort”    Source:  Rockford Register Star 6/20/2009

photo, at “Even Honors Downtown Supporters” River District’s Heart of Rockford awards   Source: Rockford Register Star 8/7/2009

“Your views: Discussion Leaders of 2009”  Rockford Register Star  12/31/2009

judge: Lincoln Bicenteenial Essay contest    Rockford Register Star 2/12/2010

Librarian, Rockford Public Library

Joe Marino, statue – 7/5/2010


Source: Rockford Register Star 7/5/2010

formerly known as Waterside Park was renamed Joe Marino Park, July 4, 2010

Organized Independence Day  Celebrations for 47 years

The statue was sculpted by David Seagraves and paid for by Friends of Joe Marino