Page 17 above. All issues of all magazines are not catalogued. Northwest Quarterly contains “Local History” and indexing helps library staff find the issue with an article about Camp Grant or the article about Mendelssohn Club’s 100th Anniversary much faster for customers. See also website: NorthwestQuarterly.com
Eventually every name in every article will be tagged so that it can be searched in this index. The post is “published” before that all are entered; the procedure prevents loss of all the names that already have been entered.
Source: Nuggets of History [Rockford Historical Society]; Summer 2017 issue, Vol. 56, Number 2; cover shown. Article by Amanda Becker.
Nine page article mentions the following restaurants and restaurateurs: The Irish Rose, Stockholm Inn, Der Rathskeller, Capri and Linos, The Smokehouse Barbeque and Alvarez Restaurant, Mike Leifheit p. 4, Eklund Brothers Café p 4, Sweden House Restaurant p. 4, The Stockholm Inn p 4, The Brad-Lynn Restaurant p 4, Gus and Maxine Peterson p 4, Jim and Vera Osborn p. 4, John and Elaine Bilka, p 4, The Lingonberry Group, p. 4, Der Rathskeller Restaurant p 5, Fred Goetz p 5, Betty Giesen, p 5, Dick Giesen, p 5, Michael DuPre, p 5, Dom’s Restaurant p 5, Leonardi’s Restaurant p 5, Maria’s Restaurant, p 5, Capri Restaurant p 6, Vito Grisanzio p 6, Domenic Grasanzio p 6, Michael and Pat Battista p 6, Lino’s Restaurant, p 6, Joe Battista p 6, Frank Zammuto, p 6, Zina Horton p 6, El Dorado Club p 6, Archie “Papa” Hawkes, p 6, BB’s Soul Food Restaurant, p 7, Boria Blankenship p 7, Box’s Barbeque p 7, Smokehouse Authentic Bar-B-Que p 7, Gail and Stanley Fort, p 7, Wong S. Fong, p 8, Mandarin Gardens p 8, Lung Fung, p 8, Imperial Palace p 8, Kuma’s p 8, Wong’s p 8, Peking Restaurant p 8, Victor Yu, p 8, Great Wall Restaurant, p 8, Paul Wang, p 8, Gene and Suzy Wang, p 9, Yen Ching, p 9, Wen “Alex” Zeng, p 9, Alvarez Restaurant, p 9, Frank Alvarez, p. 9, Olympic Tavern p. 9, Guy Mutimer, p 9, Anthony Rotello, p 9, Town Hall Tavern, p 9, Chicken Charlie’s, p 10, The Feather Club, p 10, Ross’s, Piano Players, p 10, Gibby Anderson and Vern Ott, p 10, The Little King, p 10; Ten Stop-It, p 10, The Saddle and Cycle, p 10, Welch’s, p 10, Jacks or Better, p 10, Lee Pizzuto, p 10, Mike Pizzuto, p 10, Hick, Hickey’s, Johnson’s and Erwin’s, Little Italy, p 10, North Main Manor p. 10, The Blackhawk, p 10, The Grotto, p 10, D’Augostine’s, p 10, Jim Cantrore, p 10, Jimmy Vitale, p 10, Jungle Jim’s, p 10, Stone Eagle, p 10.The Branding Iron, p 11, The Last Straw, p 11, The Mayflower Restaurant, cover.
The Moorings of Arlington Heights is located on 45 acres formerly part of the Old Magnus Farm. The Mooring is gated retirement community and nursing home/assisted living. The Moorings of Arlington Heights, 811 E. Central Rd., Arlington Heights, Illinois 60005. http://www.themooringsofarlingtonheights.org
the Old Magnus Farm Round Barn still exists and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1992. Also located at 811 E. Central Rd., Arlington Heights, Illinois.
Source: Rockford Morning Star December 4, 1959
The Old Magnus Farm was owned and operated by Alexander B. Magnus until 1965. Alexander B. Magnus was succeed in farm ownership and management by his son, Alexander Benzine Magnus Jr., b. 3 Mar 1926, d. 21 Aug 2002.
Rockford Public Library had quarterly issues from 1982 to present
Below: Spring 2017. Vol. 36 No. 1
The Joiner History Room is at Sycamore Public Library. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, holds IRAD collections, IRAD is Illinois Regional Archives Depository System ubcludes records pertaining to Winnebago County. The website for Joiner is http://joinerhistoryroom.org . The NIU IRAD website is library.niu.edu/ulib/content/collections/rhc/collections/irad.shtml