W. L. Taylor founded Rockford Nurseries, 2715 S. Main St., in the 1920s and operated it with his brother, E. H. Taylor. They started with 70 acres on what had been the Cunningham farm, and later enlarged it to 120 acres. In 1968, they sold it to Charles Klehm and Son Nurseries of Arlington Heights. Source: Rockford Register-Republic, January 1, 1968
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, located at 2715 S. Main Street, consists of 158.2 acres. From 1910-1968, brothers W. L. Taylor and E. H. Taylor had operated the property as the Rockford Nursery Co. In 1968 they sold it to the Klehm family, who operated the nursery until 1985, when they donated the property to the Winnebago County Forest Preserves. Klehm Aboretum has over 300 species of woody plants and wonderful gardens. Source: Rockford Register Star, May 17, 2019.