Federal Court House 2011

Source:  The Rock River Times  Nov 2-8, 2011   Vol. 19    No. 2

“Outlook is bleak for center here” – 11/25/1975

Source:  Rockford Register Republic 11/25/1975  and also in Rockfordiana:  Municipal Centers – 1, page 83

 

Winnebago County Courthouse, 1844

Source: Nuggets of History, Fall 1994, Vol. 32, No. 2

1844 Winnebago Courthouse was designed by Deratus Harper and John Beattie, carpenter, in Greek Revival style.  Court house contained 2 jury rooms and offices for county clerk, circuit clerk, sheriff, recorder and probate justice of the peace.

 

“City closes funding gap by $2.7 million” – 2018, by Jim Hagerty

Source:  The Rock River Times, 2-14-2018, by Jim Hagerty