Eclipse Gas Stove Company in 1913

Joe Prinzivalle (1891-1949) started working at Eclipse Gas Stove Company in 1913.  He was a molder in the foundry. He likely returned to that job after he finished his hitch in the US Army (8 June 1917 – 26 Sep 1919).

Joe, like many others, ended up with silicosis from working at that factory.Photo date is uncertain.

This image was attained by donation at RPL’s Community Scan Day event on April 8, 2023.

400 Block of East State (south side of street) City Hall expansion Loss of 4 Historic Buildings

Source: Nuggets of History  Summer 1990  Vol. 27  No.3

Italian Choral Group in Recital at St. Elizabeth’s Center

Source: Morning Star  April 23, 1950   pg.41

Order Sons of Italy in America Banquet at Hotel Nelson on August 3, 1941

Source: ROCKFORD MORNING STAR – August 3, 1941 – page 17

Photo from Rockford Public Library Photo Archives