Emerson, Mary

Mary Emerson, daughter of Ralph Emerson, married Edward P. Lathrop; her biography, “Mary Emerson Lathrop, 1863 – 1952”  Dewey Dec. R B L 353 is shelved in the Local History collection; includes a picture of Mary and of her husband, and lists her financial gifts and bequests,

page 4  states that she gave large bequests to Rockford College and to Rockford Memorial Hospital

page 20 lists bequests to Wellesley College

page 27 states the bequests to Rockford College exceeded $500,000.

The five daughters of Ralph Emerson donated land and money to Mendelssohn Club.

 

Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful, Medication Collection – June 9 2018

Source: The Rock River Times. May 30, 2018, page 11