Veterans Who Have Passed–Albert Hayden

Source:  Rockford Register Star, July 28, 2020.

Lincoln School, later Franklin School (1926), 405 N. Court Street, opened 1892, closed 1971, demolished 1976

Sources: Photo: Photo Gravere Views, 1893; Map: Sanborn Atlas, 1913-1928 [Note that North Street is later Park Ave.]; Article: “Lincoln School Third Hospital,” Rockford Daily Register-Gazette, October 11, 1918, p.5. In October, 1918, it was one of three emergency hospitals during the Spanish flu pandemic, along with the Boys’ Club and the Knights of Columbus building on N. Main St. Lincoln was renamed Benjamin Franklin School in 1926, when Abraham Lincoln Middle School was built on Charles Street.

 

Winnebago County, Illinois map, 1870

Source: 1870 Winnebago County, Illinois Map, showing former townships of New Milford (annexed 1916)  and Guilford (annexed 1929), now part of Rockford Township.

Veterans Who Have Passed–Rex Owen Moore

Source:  Rockford Register Star, April 15, 2019.

Made a Name for Himself James H. Breasted, Former Rockford Man, Has Come to the Front

Source: Rockford Republic      November 10, 1898    pg.5

R. H. Tinker Injured Well Known Citizen Struck by a Central Train March 3, 1900

Source: The Rockford Daily Register Gazette    March 3, 1900  pg.2

History Lesson: Laurie Walquist

 

Source:  Rockford Register Star, Alex Gary, Sept. 18, 2019.