Rainbo Room  Hotel Faust  April 21,1935

Rainbo Room Hotel Faust April 21,1935

Source: Morning Star  April 21,1935   pg.24

Source: Ebay Image

Car barn building, 128 Kishwaukee St., demolished, December 2020

Car barn building, 128 Kishwaukee St., south side of the building, on First Ave.

Car barn building, 128 Kishwaukee St., southwest side of the building

Car barn building, 128 Kishwaukee St., north side of the building (from East State St.)

Taken from the East State Street side, facing south, Dec. 5, 2020

Sources: First three photos, www.google.com/maps, images captured May 2019, the fourth photo taken by Jean Lythgoe, December 5, 2020

Lincoln School, later Franklin School (1926), 405 N. Court Street, opened 1892, closed 1971, demolished 1976

Sources: Photo: Photo Gravere Views, 1893; Map: Sanborn Atlas, 1913-1928 [Note that North Street is later Park Ave.]; Article: “Lincoln School Third Hospital,” Rockford Daily Register-Gazette, October 11, 1918, p.5. In October, 1918, it was one of three emergency hospitals during the Spanish flu pandemic, along with the Boys’ Club and the Knights of Columbus building on N. Main St. Lincoln was renamed Benjamin Franklin School in 1926, when Abraham Lincoln Middle School was built on Charles Street.

 

Stephenson County Historical Society & Arboretum

Source: Northwest Quarterly, Autumn/Holiday 2019, v.16, no.5