Mary Emerson, daughter of Ralph Emerson, married Edward P. Lathrop; her biography, “Mary Emerson Lathrop, 1863 – 1952” Dewey Dec. R B L 353 is shelved in the Local History collection; includes a picture of Mary and of her husband, and lists her financial gifts and bequests,
page 4 states that she gave large bequests to Rockford College and to Rockford Memorial Hospital
page 20 lists bequests to Wellesley College
page 27 states the bequests to Rockford College exceeded $500,000.
The five daughters of Ralph Emerson donated land and money to Mendelssohn Club.