Main St. South, 414

H. O. Handen

Source: 1905 City Directory

Wm. Regan wife Bessie  saloon at 414 So. Main, res. 516 Chestnut St.

Source: 1911 City Directory

Thomas J. Malana, soft drinks business, resides same

Source: 1916 City Directory

Samuel Fuller restauarnt 414 S Main  resides same

Source: 1921 City Directory

Miss M. M. Bingham Mgr. The New Blackhawk Café and Restaurant

Source: 1926 City Directory

Post Tavern (Roy Borsini)

Source: 1933 City Directory

California Café (Walter Pettit and Wm. L. Miller)

Source: 1940 City Directory

Main St. South 412-414

California Café (Walter Pettit and Wm. L. Miller)

Source: 1947 City Directory

Main St. South, 412

Wm. H. Starks wife Celia J barber shop, res 222 So. Winnebago

Source: 1911 City Directory

Frank A Starks wife May, barber shop  res 523 Michigan Ave.

Source: 1916 City Directory

Wm.H Baccus (Alice) barber 412 S Main, res 223 N Central Ave.

Source: 1921 City Directory

John J. Brick barber shop

Source:  1926 1933 1940 City Directory

 

Harlem Blvd., 1632

Harlem Blvd., 1632 - 3

Source: from “Fotografs by O. H. Wheat, Rockford 1902”

House was built in 1901, and was inhabited by 1902, by Arthur G. Parmele, and his wife, Blanche B. Parmele. He was an examiner for Insurance Co. of the State of Illinois.  Two children were born: Harris Barnum Parmele in 1901, and Sarah, born in 1907.  The Parmele family lived at 1632 Harlem Blvd. for eight years, before moving to 1004 No. Main St.  Claude E. Hogg, and wife Minnie H., with T.J. Derwent Co., lived there in 1907; and Arthur R. Whitehouse and wife Katherine S., proprietor of The Whitehouse, was living there by 1909.  Charles D. Burr, and wife Grace S. were living there in 1914. He was the president and treasurer of Burr Bros. Inc., grocers. From 1918 – 1923 (perhaps more years)  Edward J Ziock, superintendent of Burson Knitting. lived in the house.  T. Joseph Moan and wife Gertrude, were living there in 1928.  Dr. Eugene T. Leonard, and wife Rhoda M. lived in the house from 1933 – 1949, when it was sold to Dr. and Mrs. Curtis Moore.

Source: Rockford City Directories and article in Rockford Morning Star  7/27/1969.

Main St. South, 410

Mrs. Mary Irwin, res.

Source: 1880 City Directory

Nicholas E Martin wife Emma  steamfitter J C Blake residence

Source: 1905 City Directory

Robert E Garvin wife Leona  laborer

Source: 1911 City Directory

John D Cravens, wife Elmina, wks The Nelson resides 410 S Main

Source: 1916 1921 City Directory

Rockford Women’s Economy Shop

Source: 1926 City Directory

Vacant

Source: 1933 City Directory

Reed, Lyle N.5 (Dollie R) laborer

Source: 1940 City Directory

 

Main St. South, 408

John A. Holland saloon

Source: 1880 City Directory

Abraham Epstein, wife Annie, shoes 408 S Main resides 920 W State

Source: 1916 1921 City Directory

Blue Line Transfer Co.

Source: 1926 City Directory

Vacant

Source: 1933 City Directory

Post Office shoe shop shoe repair

Source: 1940 City Directory

Vacant

Source: 1947 City Directory