Caption: ” Twenty five years after the Pioneer and its work crew worked on the bridge over the Rock River, this picture was taken from the spot where the Pioneer stood for its early picture. The view looks north from the railroad bridge toward the east bank of the river. The photo was taken from a booklet on Rockford, submitted to the Centennial edition, by Mrs. S. A. Baker, 328 Churchill st. In background is the old Rockford Watch factory.
Source: 1852 Rockford Centennial 1952, by the Rockford Morning Star.