1939 aerial photograph, with Rock River at far left. The horizontal white line is Spring Creek Rd. the 2 houses shown as white, are 230 Spring Creek Rd. at left, which was built for Attorney Roy Hall and wife. The slightly smaller house on the right was built for Mr. and Mrs. Abramson, 312 Spring Creek Rd.. The outbuilding north of the Hall House were stables for their horses. The Hall House was razed by the State of Illinois Dept. of Transportation to build the Cloverleaf (opened 1956) at No. Second St. and Spring Creek prior to 1958. The Hall House was vacant by 1951. The J. H. Abramson house was razed in the year 2000 to build a restaurant and additional parking for Anderson Gardens. Both were designed by architect Jesse A. Barloga.
Source of photograph: Jeff Aulik and also Chuck Abramson sent this photo to us.