1853: It was called the Winnebago County Farm and sometimes Winnebago County Poor Farm or The Almshouse
1883: A section was added to the building to expand for additional residents
1953: The name of the institution changed to Rockford Township Hospital and Nursing Home
1956: The name changed to River Bluff Nursing Home
We have a Rockfordiana File of W – River Bluff Nursing Home
We have a Cemetery Book of Winnebago County Farm Cemetery.
This is one of the yellowed original newspaper articles about the County Hospital from 1953. (The news never dies with us! We LOVE the history in the newspaper!)
Source: Rockford Morning Star March 15, 1953