11th St. and 18th Ave; piano producers. Thayer actions used in 60% of the grand pianos produced in U.S. Organized in 6/1/1904 as the Kurtz Action Co. at 1115 – 6th Ave., moved to present location in 1905. East half of building completed in 1905; west half in 1909; until 1921 firm manufactured upright piano actions. Became affiliated with Wood-Brooks Piano Key & Ivory Co. of Buffalo in 1909; Wm. Thayer became manager. Charles H. Wood of Buffalo, NY is President of Thayer Action.
Source: Rockford Morning Star 5/20/1934 & Rockfordiana: Industries – Furniture