604 No. Main St., residence of Jonathan Barbour and Jonathan Barbour, Jr. in 1899 (City Directory)
Source of photo: “1902 Rockford Illinois” (bk)
Barbour School was named after O.F. Barbour. This house was occupied by Jno. Barbour, who owned a dry goods store. He had an ad in the Rockford Weekly Register-Gazette for 25% off good recently bought at the great “panic auction sales.” The panic would be called a recession or depression in today’s terminology.
Jno. Barbour was also a Director of the Forest City Base Ball Club in 1870.