Rockford Public Library – April 1967, Demolition of “Carnegie library”

A third floor and air-conditioning, new elevators were added to South End of new building, see completed, south end (photo left), additional floor space on east side of building.  215 N. Wyman St.

Photo on left: No. Wyman facing south

 

Above: “old” library building, Carnegie Library, 1903 – 1967  Dome with rotted wood removed.

Above: new library building, display case and kiosk added, bookdrop to N Wyman St. added, greater handicap accessibility without steps at entrance.    Boettcher and Simon, architects.  1967-1968 to 201_.