Lands First Plane on New Camp Field

On December 31, 1947, Frank Lindgren flew his Piper Cub from Franklyn field in Cherry Valley to the new Greater Rockford Airport, becoming the first pilot to land at the new airport. The Camp Grant land had been formally turned over to the airport authority by the war assets administration. Rockford Morning Star, Jan. 1, 1948