From 1927 – 1929, 1423 No. Main St. was owned by Simon Prescription Drug Co. then in 1930 was owned by Nihan and Niemeter Prescription Drug Co.. By 1935, Nihan continued and Niemeyer did not, but Martin was a new partner/owner.
Nihan & Martin owned 1423 from 1930 – 1986.
1960 high school yearbook sponsor ad
The light brown building is 1431 N. Main St.; .
Source of photo: Jan Carter, June 2011
By 1977 Jim Vitale operated Jungle Jim’s Oyster Bar and Restaurant at 1431 N. Main. In about 1987, Jim Vitale owned both and in 1990 operated 1423 and 1431 No. Main St. as one restaurant.
Source: Rockford Register Star Sept. 8, 1977, article continues below.
Source of above: Rockford Register Star Sept. 18, 1977
This post is the first 63 years of history at the address.