Illinois Cabinet Co. – beginning and 1952 – 1975 as G E Cabinet

Illinois Cab Abstract

Source:  Rockford Daily Register-Gazette March 29, 1906

Commissioners: E. K. Knutson, John P. Lundell and L. Barkman

 

By 1952 it is called the Rockford Cabinet Plant of General Electric, which suggests they are producing radio or TV cabinets produced by General Electric. In 1973 the plant was called the General Electric Cabinet Co.  In 1974 the plant was closed until 1975 because the demand for wooden television cabinets had decreased.

IL Cab Annex 1952

Source:  Rockford Register Republic March 18, 1952

Il Cab G E models

Source: Internet

Ill Cab G E close

Source: Rockford Register-Republic March 4, 1974

 

Y.W.C.A., 1906 architects’ drawing – Frank A. Carpenter

YWCA pic

Source:  Rockford Morning Star 3/4/1906

“It has been definitely settled that the inaugural ceremonies for the just finished home of the Y.W.C.A. will be postponed until next week.”

“The new home of the Y.W.C.A. cost $20,000.  …”  Frank A. Carpenter, architect

“General contractor W. H. Cook….”  41′ x 78′ dimensions.