Source: Rockford 1917; page 103, Issued by Rockford Chamber of Commerce.
R 917.7331 R682r 1917
Company located at 209-215 Prairie St.
Source: Rockford 1917, page 103; Issued by Rockford Chamber of Commerce R917.7331 R682r 1917
the only co-operative packing plant in Illinois; farmer members kill, cure and market their own product.
Incorporated March 18, 1916. J.M. Chryst, F.A. Bingham, John Hrdlicka, Louis Kreuter and Thomas A. Nolan, directors. Promoted by George H. Horrell of Humbird, Wisconsin.
Plant located near Blackhawk Park, Rockford. City Directory listed address as Peoples Ave. near Rock River,
Site shown in 1917 De Tissandier Atlas. Formerly Schmauss Meat-Packing Plant, some years managed by Oake Packing Co., who wanted to put 300 men to work in plant. 1908 – 1916 sale.
Farmers Co-operative sold in 1923/1925 after massive fire. Purchase by Chappel Bros., Inc. canned horsemeat, sent to European market and used here as dog food.
Above: Central Union Telephone Co., in Bell System, 214 No. Main St.
Source: Rockford 1917, p 107; Issued by Rockford Chamber of Commerce. R 917.7331 R682r 1917
Source: Rockford Morning Star Oct. 5, 1917, p 7
Source: Rockford 1917; Dewey Dec. R 917.7331 P682r 1917
*not in 1927 City Directory
Manufacture standard knee type milling machine called the “Rockford Miller.”
Harry E. Aulls, barber, 517 E. State St., resides 418 Grove St.
Source: 1917 Rockford City Directory
Source: Rockford 1917, page 9
Located in Rockford’s NW side, bounded by Central Ave., Ashland Ave., Sunset Ave. and Arthur Ave.
Source: Rockford 1920 and Beyond; Postcard History Series, by Eric A. Johnson
Source: Rockford Morning Star Nov. 24, 1917