The Columbia Theater, 1007 (formerly 1007-1009) S. Main Street., built by Joseph Sarno; also Blackhawk Elks Club Lodge and Texas Lounge

 

 

Sources: Rockford Republic, November 6, 1920, Sanborn map, v.1, 1928, photo by Jean Lythgoe September 3, 2021

Rockford Clinic, 2 small articles – 1920

“Miss Grace Holmes, of the Y.W.C.A., fainted on East State st., near the K.D. tracks today and was taken to the Rockford clinic for treatment.”

Source of above:  Rockford Republic, May 15, 1920

 

“Dr. H. P. Mosby of the Rockford Clinic returned this morning from Chicago, where he has been attending the American Congress of Internal Medicine for the past week.”

Source of above:  Rockford Morning Star 2/27/1920

 

Manufacturer’s National Bank, 1920 – later became Rockford City Hall

Source: The City of Rockford and Her Men of Affairs, by Daly, 1920

Manufacturer’s National Bank, N F Thompson, pres; Aug P Floberg, H A Taylor, v-pres; A R Floberg, cashier; H A Conklin, Asst Cashier; E State cor S 2nd St.     Source: McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1926

 

National Lock Co. – 1920, being built

Source:  The Furniture Worker January 1920, p. 31

***The Furniture Worker is available, full text, full copies, at www.hathitrust.org