Lincoln School, later Franklin School (1926), 405 N. Court Street, opened 1892, closed 1971, demolished 1976

Sources: Photo: Photo Gravere Views, 1893; Map: Sanborn Atlas, 1913-1928 [Note that North Street is later Park Ave.]; Article: “Lincoln School Third Hospital,” Rockford Daily Register-Gazette, October 11, 1918, p.5. In October, 1918, it was one of three emergency hospitals during the Spanish flu pandemic, along with the Boys’ Club and the Knights of Columbus building on N. Main St. Lincoln was renamed Benjamin Franklin School in 1926, when Abraham Lincoln Middle School was built on Charles Street.


Talcott Building, 1926 – Howard Shaw Associates, architects

Source: Rockford Daily Register-Gazette, Sept. 18, 1926

Work of clearing the site for the proposed 12-story Talcott building in the 300 block on West State St., where now stands the former

Armstrong store, will be started early next month.  The proposed building will be erected in two units, the first to be six stories high,

but with foundation and walls to permit an extra 6 stories.



Luhman-Jeanmairet Co. – 1927 Nash car sales

Source:   McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1926

Luhman-Jeanmairet Co. T B Luhman pres; C H Baker sec-treas; automobile, 319-321 S Church      Source: McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1926