Joel (J.B.) Whitehead) – 1936

Source: Rockford Morning Star 8/30/1936

Copy in Rockfordiana: Biographies –  WH – 1966

article on right source:  Rockford Register Republic Dec. 27, 1940

 

Harlem Hills Rd. and County Club becomes Forest Hills Rd. and C.C. 1936-7

Source of residential properties by street but not street (number) address: McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1936.  There were no residential properties east of Forest Hills Country Club; there were farms/rural.  J Eugene Welch worked for Allen Ice Cream, Harry E Shouler was a plumber, Robert Strauss was the owner of the Midway Theater, Harold C. Rudolph owner Forest City Pattern Works, G B Rosenquist was a house painter.

Source of above and below: McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1937

Source of Above: McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1937

Source:  McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1949   In the dozen years since the 1937 directory, 3 houses and the 173 Driving Range , The practice range may or may not have evolved from Hwy 173.

 

 

 

 

“Rockford Bids for Furniture Lead at Shows” – 1936

Rockford Bids - 1

Source: Rockford Morning Star, January 5, 1936

Rockford Bids - 2

Rockford Bids - 3

Rockford Bids - 4

Source: Rockford Morning Star, January 5, 1936