Lincoln School, later Franklin School (1926), 405 N. Court Street, opened 1892, closed 1971, demolished 1976

Sources: Photo: Photo Gravere Views, 1893; Map: Sanborn Atlas, 1913-1928 [Note that North Street is later Park Ave.]; Article: “Lincoln School Third Hospital,” Rockford Daily Register-Gazette, October 11, 1918, p.5. In October, 1918, it was one of three emergency hospitals during the Spanish flu pandemic, along with the Boys’ Club and the Knights of Columbus building on N. Main St. Lincoln was renamed Benjamin Franklin School in 1926, when Abraham Lincoln Middle School was built on Charles Street.


“Hardware makers see strong year” – 1971

Source: Rockford Register-Republic 12/29/1971, p. A3

Source: Rockford Register-Republic 12/29/1971




Elco Industries Inc. – Reports – Vol. 5, Issue 5, 1971

Source: Donation


Rockford Civic Newcomers Club – Nov. 1971, Gourmet Group, Fine Arts Group

Source: Rockford Civic Newcomers Club, Fall 1971 Scrapbook, donation

“Home Rule: What are the rules? Rockford officials wait for guidelines” 1971

far right column continues, below.

Source: Sunday Register-Star 8/8/1971

“Elco makes use of modern air treatment system” – July 29, 1971, The Herald

Source: The Herald, July 29, 1971