Rockford Township farm Plat map – North West, 1957

Rockford Township plat NW

Source: Farm Plat Book, Winnebago County , 1957  Sponsored by Union Grange No. 811, Inc.

Ziock, William, Jr.

William Ziock Jr.

Source: Rockford Register Republic 2/11/1957 & 2/12/1957

“A 1946 Interview with William H. Ziock, Jr.” by Hazel M. Hyde.  President of Ziock Industries 1905 – (1946) interview was followed by a trip through the plant at 418 So Wyman St. Mr. W.H. Ziock Sr. had a woolen mill that furnished yarn for Rockford Mitten Co. the woolen mill was in St. Charles, Missouri the 2 companies merged in 1855, Ziock and crew came to Rockford name was changed to Rockford Mitten and Hosiery in 1885 W.H. Ziock, Sr became president of Rockford Mitten and Hosiery. W H Ziock Jr. became president after his father died in 1905. Organized Ziock Industries somewhat later. Founded B-Z-B Knitting in 1910. Founded B-Z-B Knitting in 1910. Ziock Paper Box Co. and King Co. were both located at 417 S Wyman St. Jr was also responsible for the construction of William Ziock Building. William Jr. was born Nov 1863 in St Louis to Elizabeth & William Ziock. He married Lulu Mackwitz in St Louis, 4 children. Junior’s patent was granted in Canada (#287326) At the time of dissolution there were 3 subsidiaries: Beloit Hosiery (Seneca Falls, NY), Tenn-Rock Hosiery (McMinnville, TN) and Manchester Mills (Machester, TN)

Source:  “A 1946 Interview with William H. Ziock, Jr.”  Nuggets of History Nov.-Dec 1968 & www.ziock.org

Ziock Building

see also Rockford Automobile Show  (1923, held in Ziock Building)

416-24 So Main St.

Source: 1937 & 1945 City Directory
William Ziock Building

William Ziock Building

William Ziock Building

William Ziock Building

William Ziock Building

William Ziock Building 6

William Ziock Building

William Ziock Building Interior

 

William Ziock Exterior

2010

William Ziock Building Construction

William Ziock Building 1920's

Knitting District

Above Source: www.ziock.org

William Ziock Building artist rendering

Above, Gary W. Anderson Architects drawing with proposed changes

Source: Rockford Register Star 2/21/2014

 

 

 

War Effort Publicity – 1943

War Effort Publicity

Source:  Rockford Morning Star Sept. 5, 1943