Owned by William Fletcher Barnes (W.F. and John Barnes Co.) 1874-1930, his daughter, Amy Barnes Pierce Lane 1930-1936, and by Rockford Park District 1937 – to date. Prior to 1874, the land was the Starr homestead. According to the Rockford Morning Star 2/20/1892, Henry Lord Gay was the architect of this house.
Source of photos: Jan Carter 2011
East side of house facing Rock River, “back porch”