Rockford Garden Club, 2002 – 2002 – Program Schedule

Source:  Rockford Garden Club, 2001-2001 Members booklet

Rockford Civic Newcomers Club – 1990 Anderson Gardens, Cubby O’

Source:  Rockford Civic Newcomers Club, The Acquainter Newsletter, August 1990

Rockford Civic Newcomers Club, Inc. – Aug. 1990 The Acquainter

Source: The Acquainter, Aug. 1990, Rockford Civic Newcomers Club

Hall and Abramson houses – aerial, 1953

Hall House 1953 aerial

Source: Aerial photographs. This photograph taken Dec. 7, 1953

The West-East road about 1/3 up from bottom of photograph is Spring Creek Rd.  In the upper left corner are the railroad tracks and No. Second St.  From the left are the Roy Hall house, which was vacant and about to be razed so the cloverleaf could be built, listed as 230 Spring Creek Rd. in the 1953 Polk’s Rockford City Directory.  The house in the center was occupied by Mrs. Gertrude Abramson, at 312 Spring Creek rd. This house was razed to add to the Anderson Gardens complex. The house farthest east was occupied by Frank C Franzen and wife Gertrude. He was the president of Forgings and Stampings Inc, and resided at 318 Spring Creek Rd.  This house has also been razed.   Source:  1953 Polk’s Rockford City Directory

Jesse A. Barloga – 230 Spring Creek Rd., aerial

Hall Barloga 1939

1939 aerial photograph, with Rock River at far left.  The horizontal white line is Spring Creek Rd. the 2 houses shown as white, are 230 Spring Creek Rd. at left, which was built for Attorney Roy Hall and wife. The slightly smaller house on the right was built for Mr. and Mrs. Abramson, 312 Spring Creek Rd..  The outbuilding north of the Hall House were stables for their horses.   The Hall House was razed by the State of Illinois Dept. of Transportation to build the Cloverleaf (opened 1956) at No. Second St. and Spring Creek prior to 1958.  The Hall House was vacant by 1951.  The J. H. Abramson house was razed in the year 2000 to build a restaurant and additional parking for Anderson Gardens.  Both were designed by architect Jesse A. Barloga.

Source of photograph: Jeff Aulik and also Chuck Abramson sent this photo to us.

GoRockford Tourism video – 30 Days in Rockford, 2010