was organized in the year 1872. The site chosen is a beautiful one, and contains thirty-three acres of rolling ground interspersed with a natural growth of trees and shrubs, making its landscape beauty unsurpassed for the purpose designed. Fine monuments, of elegant design, are here erected to the memory of many of those whose enterprising labors still live in connection with some of the earlier enterprises in Rockford. Officers: Anson S. Miller, president; T.D. Robertson, treasurer; Hosmer P. Holland, secretary; Henry Fisher, sexton; Frank Wagner, gardener.. Location north end of Main street, West side.*
Source: Brainerd’s Rockford City Directory for 1876, page 32
*originally called the West Side Cemetery, the name was changed to Greenwood Cemetery.