Bradley and Bradley architects – plus C. W. Bradley death article

Source: Rockford Register-Republic November 20, 1951

Peterson & Johnson – 1926

peterson-johnson

Source: McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1926

Peterson & Johnson, Edward A Peterson, Gilbert A Johnson, owners; architects, 406 Swedish-American Bank Building, 501 – 503 7th St.  Source: McCoy”s Rockford City Directory for 1926

Manufacturer’s National Bank building became Rockford City Hall

Swedish-American Bank Building became American Bank Building, became AmCore Bank Building, became BMO Harris Bank Building became owned by the Rockford Board of Education.

Security National Bank was at 1102 Broadway St.  In 2016 Crusader Clinic is in that address.

Reliance Building, 424 – 428  7th St.

 

 

Rockford Public Library – Southeast Branch 1928

Southeast Branch

Southeast  sm

“Of English architectural design, Rockford’s beautiful southeast branch library building, being erected at the northwest corner of Eleventh St. and Fifteenth ave., will be completed the latter part of November. The Building has been designed by Peterson and Johnson, architects, and will face Eleventh St, having a frontage on this thoroughfare of 57 feet.  It will be a dark brown brick with two large reading rooms.  The branch library now housed art 1217 Broadway will be moved to the new site as soon as the building is completed.”

Source:  Rockford Morning Star 10/13/1928

 

 

 

George D. Roper Corporation

“Roper Will Build New Plant Here”

“Plan to Spend Million”

“Construction of a $1,000,000 building in Blackhawk avenue for the George D. Roper corporation, gas range and pump manufacturers, and consolidation of all units of the firm on one plant site were announced yesterday by Mabon P. Roper, president.”

“Actual construction of the new building, which will have 180,000 feet of floor space, will be started next week with completion of work scheduled for Nov. 1.  The present South Main St. buildings, occupied since 1900, have been sold to the Illinois Central Railway, which owns the land, and, according to reports, will be taken over by the Eclipse Fuel and Engineering company, 811 South Main street.”

“Will Be 400 by 450 Feet”

“The new building will be located southwest of the present foundry enameling and heating works, on the corporation’s 50 acre site between C.B. and Q. right of way and Blackhawk park. It will cover a space 400 by 450 feet.”

“The office building, facing Blackhawk avenue, will be part of the plant proper, having two story elevation, however, and be an impressive entrance way. The newest ideas in construction will be involved in the structure,”

“The design will facilitate swifter and more economical production of the companies products, and brick walls with steel and reinforced concrete will give the building unusual strength.”

“When complete, the new plant will house approximately 600 employees.”

“Plans for the structure were prepared by the Frank D. Chase company, architects, Chicago.”

Source: Rockford Morning Star June 8, 1929

 

Ingersoll Building – sports complex

Ingersoll Bldg Larson sm

“Facility to open by fall 2014 expected to host 30-plus tournaments per year

Rendering by Larson and Darby Group of the new amateur sports complex

The 115,000-square-foot riverfront complex will feature eight basketball courts, at least 14 volleyball courts, an extreme sports park, children’s play area, riverwalk and more.”

“Sink Combs Dethlefs, a nationally renowned athletic facility design firm, to lead the project’s architectural and engineering team….”

Source: Rock River Times, Feb. 13 – 19, 2013, Vol. 20, No. 17