Reverend Eldridge H. E. Gilbert – 6-19-1972

Source: Rockford Register-Republic 6-19-1972

 

John F. Widergren – obituary, 1928 – 2018

Source: Sunday Register Star 4/15/2018

Rockton Mayor Bill Vedra – 1987

Rockton Mayor Bill Vedra

Source:  Rockford Magazine February 1987

Welsh, Judge R.K.

“Father of R.K. Welsh Dead”  Thomas Welsh of Waukesha, WI died this morning of old age. A native of Scotland, he came to America 1841 and settled near Waukesha.

Source: Rockford Republic 5/20/1911

“..fixes sentences of ten culprits”

Source: Rockford Morning Star 10/19/1919

Judge Welsh

Source: Rockford Morning Star 1/1/1922

Hon. Robert Kaye Welsh

Hon. Robert Kaye Welsh 2

Source: Rockfordiana  Lawyers M – Z

Robert K. Welsh

Source: Rockfordiana Lawyers M – Z

Robert K. Welsh

Source: Rockfordiana Lawyers M – Z

Robert K. Welsh

Source: Rockfordiana Lawyers M-Z

Robert K. Welsh

 

 

 

 

 

Main St., North, 505

owners: Mr. & Mrs. Ralph Hinchcliff plans: A. Reyner Eastman altered century old home former factory retread plant on site
fire in the Fall of 1945 scarcity of materials created new possibilities much material from Burlington RR station ten tons of stone from Central High School marble table tops from old Post Office photo of house on Indian Terrace guest house listed as 511 N Main same house listed as 510 Indian Terrace.

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 1 &   Rockford Register Star 6/17/1947 & Rockford Register Star or Rockford Morning  Star 11/9/1951
505 North Main Street

Source: Rockford Morning Star 4/6/1952

$300,000 cost of remodeling

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 1 & Rockford Register  Star 11/9/1951

Elevator imported from England in 1900 marble fireplaces imported from Italy 1880  house picked up and moved next door to make room for 300 car parking lot from 436 North Main. House weighed 300 tons.

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 1 & Rockford Register Star 3/15/1950

Wrecking permits issued to Parson Wrecking Co. 3rd property at N. Main St. + Mound Ave. Original house built in 1847 by Goodyear Sanford

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 1 Rockford Register Star 11/9/1951

interiors featured in “88 historic Illinois Residences” by Drury, pub. Illinois State Historical Society (not owned by RPL)
Rockford Register Star 2/27/1949

Indian Mound on Hinchcliff property excavated representatives of Burpee Museum of Natural History and Beloit College present
nothing found that could prove anything

Source: Rockford Morning Star 4/6/1952

Carriage House once Goodyear Sandford’s property later Ralph Hinchcliff’s  pp39/40; to be razed. Highrise for elderly planned
Hinchcliff’s 1st wife: Hortense Hinchcliff’s 2nd wife: Mary Louise Ware.  Hinchcliffs now reside in California tunnel once linked main house & carriage house Ralph is the grandson of Ralph Emerson

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 2 & Rockford Morning Star 10/8/1967Sanford-Hinchliff Home

Source: photo of Sanford-Hinchcliff House in Rockfordiana: Historic Houses 2

505 North Main Street
Source: http://maps.google.com/streetview printed out in 2011 photo from 2009?
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Johnson, Milton O.

Milton O. Johnson, born May 26, 1926, in Aurora, IL, the son of Milton O. and May (Christian) Johnson.

Resident of Rockford since 1950.

Married Rosemary J. Anderson 1951.

He served in the United States Navy from 1944 to 1946.

Graduate of Beloit College, 1949 and Northwestern University School of Business in 1950.

Worked at J.I. Case, Gunite Foundries and Mattison Machine Works.

Member Emmanuel Lutheran Church.

Died: January 8, 2015

Olson Funeral and Cremation Services; Emmanuel Lutheran Church.

Source: Rockford Register Star 1/12/2015

Beloit College’s Logan Museum

Logan Museum of Anthropology

700 College St., Beloit.

1 photo of exterior of museum, 1 photo of Nicolette Meister, 1 photo Dr. Bill Green, 1 photo of Dan Bartlett, 1 photo of museum’s upstairs gallery, 1 photo of American Indian pieces, 1 photo of Catie Anderson, 1 photo of Frank Logan, 1 photo of “The Cube” at Museum with hundreds of Ancient Artifacts

Museum has nearly 300,000 pieces

“A wealthy grain merchant, Frank Logan had recently joined Beloit College’s board of trustees when he donated when he donated a unique collection of Native American objects.  The collection came rom Horatio Nelson Rust, an Indian agent who acquired numerous American Indian goods. Of the 3,000 objects that Logan purchased from Rust, many had been on display at the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition.

Source: Northwest Quarterly magazine, Winter 2013, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 210 – 2013.