Source: Rockford Morning Star May 12, 1961
Source: Rockford Register Star May 2013
The house was built in 1941.
From 1942 – 1971, the house was owned by Oscar M. Lindgren, and wife Sylvia M., he was the president and general manager of Illinois Cabinet Co. (who manufactured radio cabinets at 2525 11th St.) until he retired; homeowner 531 Calvin Park Blvd.
Source: 1942 – 1962 Polk’s Rockford City Directory
In 1952 Lindgren bought the Huddler Estate, a 106-acre property fronting East State St. from Wilbur J. Hudler whose great-grandfather, John Braden, purchased it in 1873. The transaction was handled by Attorney Ralph S. Zahm. Source: “Hudler Estate Sold; Near Site of New School” Rockford Morning Star 11/22/1953.
horizontal line (street) near top is East State St.. Diagonal line (street) closer to botton of map section is Charles St. Streets left of Hudler property are Hunter Ave., then Hollister Ave. SW end of Hudler property is location of Rockford Plaza Shopping Center. Map is from the 1892 Atlas of Winnebago County. Lindgren bought the Hudler property.
“Aldermen See Project Site” Rockford Morning Star 4/18/1954 “….council approval of Martin Hawkinson’s $4,500,000 building development on E. State St.” “Under Saturday’s arrangements, Arms said, a covenant could be set up under which the land would not be used for construction unless other flood control measures are taken. Oscar M. Lindgren’s property is also subject to signing the covenant.”
Oscar M. Lindgren, died April 8, 1971 in St. Anthony Hospital. Born Jan. 25, 1901 in Sweden. Lived 64 years in Rockford. Member Trinity Lutheran Church and Forest Hills Country Club, president of Illinois Cabinet Co., which later became the General Electric Cabinet Co. Burial in Scandinavian Cemetery. Source: Rockford Register Republic 4/9/1971.