Sources: Photo: Photo Gravere Views, 1893; Map: Sanborn Atlas, 1913-1928 [Note that North Street is later Park Ave.]; Article: “Lincoln School Third Hospital,” Rockford Daily Register-Gazette, October 11, 1918, p.5. In October, 1918, it was one of three emergency hospitals during the Spanish flu pandemic, along with the Boys’ Club and the Knights of Columbus building on N. Main St. Lincoln was renamed Benjamin Franklin School in 1926, when Abraham Lincoln Middle School was built on Charles Street.
“Dr. W. L. Ransum, who will be camp physician at Boys club summer camp which will open June 24 at Camp Rotary for the ninth consecutive year. He has been associated with the Boys club ever since the camp was founded by the Rotary club. He has traveled extensively.”