Bradley Heights Subdivision, 1935 – Assessed values

Source:  Rockford Morning Star Sept. 25, 1935

Owner’s name listed farthest left, lot number in center, assessed value at right. Most properties were not yet occupied/no houses built.  Addresses did not have street numbers in 1935.

Bradley and Bradley architects – plus C. W. Bradley death article

Source: Rockford Register-Republic November 20, 1951

Bradley and Bradley Architects – plus George Bradley obituary

First ad in newspaper as Wm. Bradley, Architect and Builder:  May 10, 1856, Rockford Weekly Register-Gazette

George Bradley served an apprenticeship at Architect and Builder in Boston, MA in 1850. Source: Death article, January 14, 1898, Rockford Daily Register-Gazette  George Bradley came to Rockford in 1855 according to same article, and constructed over 1000 buildings in Rockford by the time of his death in 1898.  His business was succeeded by his son, C.W. Bradley, who had been associated with him in architectural and construction work for 14 years.

Built 7 public schools, Wallach’s Block, Stewart Building, First Lutheran Church, First Congregational Church, Tinker Swiss Cottage, and T.D. Robertson residence.  Source: Rockford Daily Register-Gazette, Jan. 14, 1898.

Burial in West Side Cemetery (name changed to Greenwood Cemetery).

Source: Rockford Daily Register-Gazette January 14, 1898

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knights Templar 1920- 1921

“Grand Ball of Knights Templar Valentine Day” Crusader Commandery to Sponsor Elaborate Social the general committee in charge of the ball is headed by Dr. F.A. Turner, C.W. Bradley

Source: Rockford Morning Star 2/5/1920

Crusader Commandery No. 17 will assemble in stated conclave Monday evening in Masonic Temple

Source: Rockford Morning Star 1/23/1921