Source: Rockford Register Star June 26, 2007
With thanks to Jeff Aulik for pointing out the Roy Hall
Source: Aerial photographs. This photograph taken Dec. 7, 1953
The West-East road about 1/3 up from bottom of photograph is Spring Creek Rd. In the upper left corner are the railroad tracks and No. Second St. From the left are the Roy Hall house, which was vacant and about to be razed so the cloverleaf could be built, listed as 230 Spring Creek Rd. in the 1953 Polk’s Rockford City Directory. The house in the center was occupied by Mrs. Gertrude Abramson, at 312 Spring Creek rd. This house was razed to add to the Anderson Gardens complex. The house farthest east was occupied by Frank C Franzen and wife Gertrude. He was the president of Forgings and Stampings Inc, and resided at 318 Spring Creek Rd. This house has also been razed. Source: 1953 Polk’s Rockford City Directory
1939 aerial photograph, with Rock River at far left. The horizontal white line is Spring Creek Rd. the 2 houses shown as white, are 230 Spring Creek Rd. at left, which was built for Attorney Roy Hall and wife. The slightly smaller house on the right was built for Mr. and Mrs. Abramson, 312 Spring Creek Rd.. The outbuilding north of the Hall House were stables for their horses. The Hall House was razed by the State of Illinois Dept. of Transportation to build the Cloverleaf (opened 1956) at No. Second St. and Spring Creek prior to 1958. The Hall House was vacant by 1951. The J. H. Abramson house was razed in the year 2000 to build a restaurant and additional parking for Anderson Gardens. Both were designed by architect Jesse A. Barloga.
Source of photograph: Jeff Aulik and also Chuck Abramson sent this photo to us.
Photograph from “Sinnissippi Saga,” C. Hal Nelson. Photograph shows then then-new “Cloverleaaf” in progress on N. Second St. and Spring Creek Roads. The house with the red-orange Spanish tile roof is the Barloga house at 312 Spring Creek Rd. The house across Spring Creek at 311 Spring Creek Rd. is also a Barloga.
Photograph of 312 Spring Creek Rd. was a gift/loan from Georgia McLeish Landwehr, grand-daughter of the original owner.
stairway on first floor. Photograph gift/loan from Georgia McLeish Landwehr, grand-daughter of the original owner.
Living room fireplace at 312 Spring Creek Rd. Photograph a gift/loan from Georgia McLeish Landwehr, grand-daughter of the original owner.