Main St., North, 806

Stevens, George A, cabinetmaker, res 806 N Main

Source: 1889-1900 City Directory

Rev Peter M Snyder, wife Constance, pastor 2nd Congregational Church, r 806 N Main

Source: 1909 City Directory

Rev. John Gordan  resident 1912-1947

Rev. John Gordan

Source: 1914 Rockford City Directory

Source: 1925-1933 Rockford City Directory

Flowers by Connie

Source: 1958 Rockford City Directory

1958 Connie moved shop from N. Main St. 1958 earlier shop was at 127 So. Church St. Connie died February 1977. Connie left shop to Ernest J. Diebold. Property sold September 1978 to David C. Kott

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 4, p33 & Rockford Register Star 2/21/1979

Flowers by Connie; Constance Tremulis

Source: 1968 Rockford City Directory

 

Source: Rockford 1920 and Beyond Eric A Johnson R 977.331 J669r page 66

burned down Tuesday night, “Built about Civil War time” photo of Rev. Cleveland, resident 1947-1958, huge living room with fireplace 6 bedrooms on 2nd floor, 1 on 3rd Floor parsonage for 2nd Congregational Church for 50 years.  Rev. Bliss preceded Rev. Gordon

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 4, p33 & Rockford Register Star 2/21/1979

originally called 1854 Aaron Marcellus mansion

Source: Rockford 1920 and Beyond Eric A Johnson R 977.331 J669r

 

 

Flowers By Connie

Charles Boettcher, architect, and Ray Scandroli, Scandroli Construction made the shop

The light fixtures on the street were from the old Jefferson Street Bridge

The original house was built by Aaron Marcellus, who came to Rockford in 1854

 

 

Source: Register Star “Metro”,  02/22/1979

Flowers By Connie

Flowers By Connie

Won Architectural “Rose” Award for preservation, renovation, romantic and whimsical flavor

Former Second Congregational Church parsonage transformed under architect Charles Boettcher’s direction

 

Source:  Rockford Register Star, 05/19/1973

Flowers By Connie

Flowers By Connie

Since 1957, at 806 North Main Street

Earlier it had been at 127 North Main Street

Prior to that it was at 127 South Church Street

Owner Connie Tremulis died in February 1977

The shop was left to Ernest Diebold

The mansion at 806 North Main Street burned down in 1979

 

Source:  Rockford Morning Star, 02/21/1979; Rockfordiana Files, “Historic Houses and Landmarks – Volume 4”, Rockford Public Library Local History Collection.

Flowers By Connie

Flowers By Connie

806 North Main Street

Owner, Constance Tremulis

Fire at Flowers By Connie, February 21, 1979

 

Fire at Flowers By Connie 02/21/1979
Fire at Flowers By Connie 02/21/1979

 

Source: Rockford Register Star, 12/23/1979, Rockfordiana Files “Fire and Fire Protection 5”, Rockford Public Library Local History Collection