Winnebago County Courthouse, 1844

Source: Nuggets of History, Fall 1994, Vol. 32, No. 2

1844 Winnebago Courthouse was designed by Deratus Harper and John Beattie, carpenter, in Greek Revival style.  Court house contained 2 jury rooms and offices for county clerk, circuit clerk, sheriff, recorder and probate justice of the peace.

 

10 Original Land Patents – 1941 article

Source: Rockford Streamlined 1834-1941, page 74