Source of photo: Jeff Aulik, 2016
House built in 1927 for realtor/land developer E. C. Stokberger. Prior to 1927, Harlem (Amusement) Park was on the property, both sides of Harlem north of Auburn St. Architects Eliel and Eliel.
In 1926, a last ditch attempt was made to find a private investor to buy the park and give it to Rockford Park District after they turned down the purchase. The Golf Course belonged to Rockford Country Club, which was described as a Park.
Source: Rockford Daily Republic May 12, 1926