Anger’s Jewelry Clock

a pedestal Seth Thomas Clock erected in June of 1903 by Al E. Henry at 118 West State St. All moving parts were located beneath the sidewalk; where clock was wound and time was changed. In May of 1913 W.D. Anger purchased the store from Mr. Henry and kept the clock in service. In 1950 the clock was struck down by a reckless driver. In 1958 it was downed by a city bus. It remained as a landmark through a special ordinance from the City of Rockford. On Feb 1, 1972 it was taken down because of Urban Renewal, and stored. May 27, 1975 plan are now being finalized to have it put up at Cherry Vale Mall. Later, moved to Edgebrook shopping center

Source: Rockford Register Star 6/4/1981