George D. Roper Corportion (exterior & interior) – 1941

Source:  Rockford Stremlined, by Rockford Chamber of Commerce, c. 1941, page 55

Roper, George D Corp; M P Roper pres and treas; W E Derwent v-pres and stove sales mgr; T J Reynolds sec and asst treas; J P Curtin. v-pres and stove sales manager; H J Jilbert, v=pres and works manager, 701 – 709 S Main St.          Source:  McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1926

 

 

“Merge Roper, Stove Firm in Kankakee” – 1957

Source:  Rockford Morning Star Oct. 20, 1957

Source:  Rockford Morning Star Oct. 20, 1957

“U.S.O. Clubs Get Last Three Gas Ranges Manufactured at Roper” 1942

stives-to-uso

Source: Rockford Morning Star July 31, 1942

Roper’s Halts Stove Output Till War Ends – 1942

ropers-halts-1

ropers-halts-2

ropers-halts-3

Source:  Rockford Morning Star July 31, 1942

Geo. D. Roper Corporation name change to Roper Industries, 1957

roper-1

roper-2

roper-3

Source: Rockford Morning Star Oct. 20, 1957

Rockford Industrial Athletic Association – 1947

Rockford Industrial Athletic Association

1947 Ingersoll: Peterson and Clausen

1947 Anderson Brothers: Yeager and Crowley

1947 Meyers: Coons, White and Rainey

1947 Roper: McCrudden, Allen and Hearns

1947 Rockford Furniture: Anderson

1947 Nylint Toy: Cancelose and Seaberg

1947 O & H Foundries: Dumchoski and Savitski

1947 Ekstrom-Carlson: Hogland and Balcitis

1947 Greenlee: Orville Lindquist and Muzzarelli

1947 Contour Hosiery: D. Murray, Rathke and Steigler

1947 Ebaloy: Casico and Casico

1947 Rockford Drop Forge: Haeggquist and Berglund

1947 J. L. Clark: Swenson, Melquist and Schmidt

1947 Joseph Behr: Yeagle and Behling

1947 Mattison: Rinaldo, Pegoraro, Ivan Johannes

1947 Amerock: Rydholm and Garnhart

1947 Mechanics: Stewart and Saudargus

1947 Sundstrand: Stonis, Kuhl and Scrogston

 

Source: Rockford Morning Star, 07/16/1947

George D. Roper Corporation

“Roper Will Build New Plant Here”

“Plan to Spend Million”

“Construction of a $1,000,000 building in Blackhawk avenue for the George D. Roper corporation, gas range and pump manufacturers, and consolidation of all units of the firm on one plant site were announced yesterday by Mabon P. Roper, president.”

“Actual construction of the new building, which will have 180,000 feet of floor space, will be started next week with completion of work scheduled for Nov. 1.  The present South Main St. buildings, occupied since 1900, have been sold to the Illinois Central Railway, which owns the land, and, according to reports, will be taken over by the Eclipse Fuel and Engineering company, 811 South Main street.”

“Will Be 400 by 450 Feet”

“The new building will be located southwest of the present foundry enameling and heating works, on the corporation’s 50 acre site between C.B. and Q. right of way and Blackhawk park. It will cover a space 400 by 450 feet.”

“The office building, facing Blackhawk avenue, will be part of the plant proper, having two story elevation, however, and be an impressive entrance way. The newest ideas in construction will be involved in the structure,”

“The design will facilitate swifter and more economical production of the companies products, and brick walls with steel and reinforced concrete will give the building unusual strength.”

“When complete, the new plant will house approximately 600 employees.”

“Plans for the structure were prepared by the Frank D. Chase company, architects, Chicago.”

Source: Rockford Morning Star June 8, 1929