Severson, Fannie B.

Severson, Fannie B - legacy

widow of Harry A. Severson, who was president and chairman of the board of Barber-Colman Co.

executive director of the Red Cross at Camp Grant, WWI

active in Rockford Woman’s Club, Rockford Children’s Home, served on YWCA board, active at Second Congregational Church, and Rockford Hospital Auxilliary.

With her husband donated lecture hall in old Rockford College building and Severson Auditorium on new Rockford College campus

“Last March, she donated her 370-acre property, Deer Lodge, to the Winnebago County Forest Preserve.”

Source: Rockford Register Republic January 21, 1976

Barloga, Jesse – 1979 Harlem Blvd.

Harlem, 1979 townBarloga - 1979 Harlem

Photographer: Jan Carter, 2010

Source identifying as Barloga: Rockford Art Museum show, 1988

Source of property lines: Rockfordtownshipassessor.net

Harlem Boulevard, 1979
Jesse Barloga, architect, built 1919

Harlem Boulevard, 1979
built 1919 for Wm. Walton family
Rockfordiana-Historic Houses and Landmarks-4, p29 on back

RR 11-14-1978
Harlem Boulevard, 1979
Wm Walton

1923 City Directory
Harlem Boulevard, 1979
designed by Jesse Barloga
Rockfordiana-Historic Houses and Landmarks-4, p29 on back

RR 11-14-1978
Harlem Boulevard, 1979
Harry A Severson (Evelyn) v-pres Barber-Colman

1928 – 1940 City Directory
Harlem Boulevard, 1979
Severson Dells land donated by Mrs Harry A Severson, he was President and Chm of the Board, Barber-Coleman (1975)

Harlem Boulevard, 1979
wife 1 – Louise Culver d.1918  wife 2 – Alice Evelyn Gregory d 1933    wife 3 – Fannie B. d. 1976

Harlem Boulevard, 1979
1920’s-owned + occ by Harry Severson family
Rockfordiana-Historic Houses and Landmarks-4, p29 on back

Register-Republic 11-14-1978