Main St., No., 945 and 955

U Club

The home on the photo right is at 945 No. Main St. and belonged to the Forbes family (Harry then Duncan Forbes) before becoming University Club.

The house at photo left at one time housed the Sherratt’s, and from 1903 – 1914, when the photo was taken, belong to John V. Petritz, president of Rockford Brewing Co.

Source:  photo, from Rockford Public Library’s Collection of Photographs.  Text: from Rockford City Directories.