Main St., No., 813 – Museum of Natural History

Main St., No., 813 - 1

Owned by William Fletcher Barnes (W.F. and John Barnes Co.) 1874-1930, his daughter, Amy Barnes Pierce Lane 1930-1936, and by Rockford Park District 1937 – to date.  Prior to 1874, the land was the Starr homestead.  According to the Rockford Morning Star 2/20/1892, Henry Lord Gay was the architect of this house.

Main St., No., 813 - 2

Source of photos:  Jan Carter 2011

Main St., No., 813 - 3

Main St., No., 813 - 4

Main St., No. 813 - 5

East side of house facing Rock River, “back porch”