Ralph Hinchliff house – 1947

Hinchliff - 1

Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Hinchliff, above,  from Rockford Morning Star June 8, 1947

Hinchliff - 2

Hinchliff - 3

Hinchliff - 4

 

*Georganne Hinchliff Eggers asked if she had any photographs of mantel, lintel, etc.

**There was a book published about the house restoration. RPL once owned a copy but does not own one any longer; not available via Interlibrary Loan.

 

 

 

Main St., North, 515

residence W.F. Woodruff

Source: 1894 – 1895 City Directory

Indian Terrace was originally built by G.A. Sanford in 1847

Source: Rockford Register Republic 6/17/1947 & Sunday Register Star 5/31/1981

Construction began on Christian Scientist Church in 1909, first service in April 1910. Church dedicated in 1919 when all debts were paid off church remodeled in 1954, front and also basement 1954 architect: Raymond Orput, contracter: Frank S. Pearce

Source: Rockfordiana: Churches: A-C

Christian Science Church

Source: 1914 City Directory

W.P. Force, emp, ET&Co, res E.R.

Source: 1880 City Directory

515 North Main Street

Source: 1911 postcard for sale on www.ebay.com

510 Indian Terrace

510 Indian Terrace

House, owned by Ralph Hinchcliffe, was razed in 1951

The original house was built in 1847 by Goodyear Sanford

An Indian Mound was on the property when the house was built

An identical house was listed at 505 North Main Street

510 Indian Terrace Before Razing in 1951
510 Indian Terrace Before Razing in 1951

 

Source:  Rockford Morning Star, 11/09/1951 and Rockford Public Library “Rockfordiana” files, “Historic Houses and Landmarks – 1”