Steam plumes from the two towers at the Byron Nuclear Power Plant, photo taken from the Jefferson Street Bridge, 17 miles upstream as the crow flies


One can just make out the two plumes of steam from the two towers. Note the State Street, Chestnut Street and railroad bridges in the photo, as well as the News Tower and the Founders Landing Building at Davis Park.

Source: Photographed from the Jefferson Street Bridge, August 26, 2021, by Jean Lythgoe

City celebrates CRE8IV


Source: Rockford Register Star, May 16, 2019

Flowers By Connie

Charles Boettcher, architect, and Ray Scandroli, Scandroli Construction made the shop

The light fixtures on the street were from the old Jefferson Street Bridge

The original house was built by Aaron Marcellus, who came to Rockford in 1854



Source: Register Star “Metro”,  02/22/1979