“College Given 5-Acre Wooded River Tract” – 1947 article

Source:  Rockford Morning Star 5/4/1947 p. 1

Ralph Emerson

Ralph Emerson

His mansion was at 409 North Church Street

His home had vine covered porches, great doorways and a gay social life

It had winding stairways and walls of mahogany panels

It was north of Rockford Theater, and west of Belle Keith

The house was originally owned by Joseph Emerson

 

Source:  09/20/1931; in Rockfordiana Files, Historic Houses and Landmarks – 1, Rockford Public Library Local History Collection