*The building in the photo at the top of page is the architect’s drawing for Welsh School. The building in the middle is the Welsh School that actually was built and opened in 1930. The building in the bottom photo is the addition to the west, that opened for use in 1939.
Sources: 2 photos on top appeared in Rockford Morning Star Aug. 17, 1938. The photo at the bottom appeared in Rockford Register Republic February 27, 1939.