Source: Rockford Register Star December 21, 2019 Sec. A pg. 1 Sec. A pg.5
Source: Rockford Register Star (Sunday) Nov. 6, 1978
Source of photo: Jeff Aulik
Peterson and Johnson, architects, completed plans for this house in 1924 for Dr. Emery W. Goembel and his wife, Vesta B. The foundation was poured in Nov. 1925 and they moved into the English Tudor-style home in 1926.
Source: Rockford Morning Star Nov. 13, 1925
Source: Rockford Register-Republic Nov. 19, 1968
Assorted members of the Deery family have resided there for approximately half a century.
1408 National Ave., Jesse A. Barloga, architect, Built 1926, Commission #258, Commissioned by Fred and Minnie Haines. In From 1918 -1925 they were living at 1621 National Ave.[possibly earlier years as well] according to McCoy’s Rockford City Directory for 1925. Source of photograph: Marty Mangas, ca. 1968-1970.
Possibly there was a “typo” that listed Mrs. Haines at 1508 National Ave., rather than at 1408 National Ave. in the Rockford Morning Star Nov. 18, 1926.
Obituary source: Rockford Morning Star August 14, 1942
Source: Rockford Morning Star Oct. 14, 1955
In 1944 Leonard W. and Catherine M. Condon sold their house on Clinton Ave. and bought the Haines house at 1408 National Ave.. Mr. Condon was president of the Contour Hosiery Mills in Rockford. Source: 1944 Rockford City Directory
Current Resident since Aug. 2013: Chad and Leah Tuneberg. Sale price $229,000.