Veterans Who Have Passed–Leo Evar Johnson

Source:  Rockford Register Star, April 15, 2019.

Giorgi, Amadeo A.

& Marilyn busn. rep. United Food and Commercial Workers Union :pca; No 1540 h1529 Victoria Ave.

Source: 1987 Rockford City Directory

Source: Rockford Register Star 5/19/2013


Nursing Homes, 1978 – listed in phone book yellow pages


Source:  Illinois Bell Telephone Directory for Rockford and Loves Park for 1978




Bianchi, Mary Waelti – 2003 obituary


Source:  Rockford Register Star Dec. 21, 2003

River Bluff Nursing Home (and other history/names)

1853:  It was called the Winnebago County Farm and sometimes Winnebago County Poor Farm or The Almshouse

1883:  A section was added to the building to expand for additional residents

1953:  The name of the institution changed to Rockford Township Hospital and Nursing Home

1956: The name changed to River Bluff Nursing Home

We have a Rockfordiana File of W – River Bluff Nursing Home

We have a Cemetery Book of Winnebago County Farm Cemetery.

This is one of the yellowed original newspaper articles about the County Hospital from 1953. (The news never dies with us! We LOVE the history in the newspaper!)

River Bluff

Source: Rockford Morning Star March 15, 1953