Faust Hotel

small fire, 12/23/2010, presumed started by workmen on exterior of building.
4th and 5th floors affected by some smoke.

photo of lobby, 1947-53, p50 Rockford 1920 and Beyond
R 977.331 J669r

photo of Viking Grill, p 50 Rockford 1920 and Beyond R 977.331 J669r
photo of Recreation Alley and The Pub, p51 Rockford 1920 and Beyond R 977.331 J669r
photo of Old Colony Room, p51 Rockford 1920 and Beyond R 977.331 J669r
photo of exterior, 1957 Rockford 1920 and Beyond R 977.331 J669r

Source: Rockford 1920 and Beyond R 977.331 J669r

 

 

 

Faust Hotel – History

named after Levin Faust

Source: 1852-1952 Rockford Centennial 977.33 R65

see also Tebala Towers, photo being built. Cost $2.5 million to build in 1928

Source: Rockfordiana-Historic Houses and Landmarks-4, page 2

photo of exterior, 1936, p48 photo of Rainbow Room, 1936,page 48 photo of Coffee Shop, 1938, page 49

photo of Terrace Lounge, page 49

Source: Rockford 1920 and Beyond R 977.331 J669r

Main St., North, 806

Stevens, George A, cabinetmaker, res 806 N Main

Source: 1889-1900 City Directory

Rev Peter M Snyder, wife Constance, pastor 2nd Congregational Church, r 806 N Main

Source: 1909 City Directory

Rev. John Gordan  resident 1912-1947

Rev. John Gordan

Source: 1914 Rockford City Directory

Source: 1925-1933 Rockford City Directory

Flowers by Connie

Source: 1958 Rockford City Directory

1958 Connie moved shop from N. Main St. 1958 earlier shop was at 127 So. Church St. Connie died February 1977. Connie left shop to Ernest J. Diebold. Property sold September 1978 to David C. Kott

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 4, p33 & Rockford Register Star 2/21/1979

Flowers by Connie; Constance Tremulis

Source: 1968 Rockford City Directory

 

Source: Rockford 1920 and Beyond Eric A Johnson R 977.331 J669r page 66

burned down Tuesday night, “Built about Civil War time” photo of Rev. Cleveland, resident 1947-1958, huge living room with fireplace 6 bedrooms on 2nd floor, 1 on 3rd Floor parsonage for 2nd Congregational Church for 50 years.  Rev. Bliss preceded Rev. Gordon

Source: Rockfordiana – Historic Houses and Landmarks – 4, p33 & Rockford Register Star 2/21/1979

originally called 1854 Aaron Marcellus mansion

Source: Rockford 1920 and Beyond Eric A Johnson R 977.331 J669r

 

 

Flowers By Connie

Flowers By Connie

806 North Main Street

Owner, Constance Tremulis

Circa 1854 it was the Aaron Marcellus mansion

The building survived a fire in 1867 at the Anderson Building at 803 North Church Street

Flowers By Connie, 806 North Main Street
Flowers By Connie, 806 North Main Street

 

Source:  “Rockford: 1920 and Beyond” by Eric A. Johnson,  R977.331  J669r, Page 66, Rockford Public Library Local History Collection