Caption: ” Twenty five years after the Pioneer and its work crew worked on the bridge over the Rock River, this picture was taken from the spot where the Pioneer stood for its early picture. The view looks north from the railroad bridge toward the east bank of the river. The photo was taken from a booklet on Rockford, submitted to the Centennial edition, by Mrs. S. A. Baker, 328 Churchill st. In background is the old Rockford Watch factory.
Source: 1852 Rockford Centennial 1952, by the Rockford Morning Star.
“At the bride’s residence, over No. 815 East State St., Mr. G. Ramsire and Mrs. Anton Schicker, were united in marriage last evening, Rev. G. Johannes performing the ceremony. The gathering was of a private nature, though many intimate friends and relatives were present. During the evening the newly wedded couple were serenaded by the Germania Gesang Verein, and the entire affair passes off in a most agreeable manner. The groom is an efficient employe in the finishing department of the watch factory, and the bride is also well-known and respected. A long life of happiness is wished them, as they take up their residence at once in Leonard Schmauss, Sr.’s house on East State street.